Startup SAFARI Munich – CODE OF CONDUCT
At Startup SAFARI Munich, we believe in providing a safe and productive environment as well as equal opportunities for everyone. We believe in equality of all people regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof). Therefore, we want our event to be a safe space and harassment-free, which is the reason why we have specific expectations from every attendee of the event.
The following behaviours are expected and requested of all attendees of our event (this includes but is not limited to: hosts, volunteers, session-attendees and sponsors).
- Be polite and respectful to other participants, even in case of disagreements, in order to ensure a great experience for your fellow participants.
- Refrain from displaying any demeaning, harassing, aggressive, or intimidating materials or behaviour.
- Do not damage private and communal property.
- Promptly report any behaviour that makes you or others feel uncomfortable to the nearest Startup SAFARI Munich representative.
Inappropriate Behaviour – Harassment, Aggression or Intimidation
- Incitement of violence, violence or threats of violence.
- Harassment, aggression, and intimidation.
- Inappropriate behaviours related to, but not limited to: race, colour, creed, gender (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity, religion (or lack thereof, including religious dress and grooming), marital status, domestic partner status, genetic information, age, national origin or ancestry, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Inappropriate behaviour can take many forms such as slurs, jokes, derogatory statements, stalking, staring, drawings or cartoons, violating personal space and unwelcome physical contact or sexual attention, harassing photography or recordings, unwanted or offensive letters or poems, offensive email or voicemail messages, or social media postings. Harassment also includes negative messages and slights, unintended and intentional, based solely on appearance.
Consequences Following the Failure to Meet Expected Behaviours
As we strive to provide a safe environment, we want to make it very clear that inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated. Startup SAFARI Munich reserves the right to refuse entry to or remove any party from the event at any time, without offering a refund.
Severe breaches of this Code of Conduct may result in disqualification from participating in future events.
Should you witness or be subjected to inappropriate behaviour, please notify one of the members of our staff immediately.
Finally, we value your attendance and we want to provide the best environment and experience to all our attendees. We expect every participant to follow the rules at every session/workshop or gathering during our event.
Startup SAFARI Munich – SUSTAINABILITY GUIDELINES
At Startup SAFARI Munich we believe in exercising a positive impact by having sustainable sessions and events. Munich Startup SAFARI holds a strong commitment to economic, environmental and social responsibility which is why these principles have been a foundation of our activities since the very first idea about the event. We believe small steps and contributions towards sustainability have a positive overall impact on the way we think, tackle and act towards certain issues and situations that we face every day.
At Munich Startup SAFARI, we have tried to balance environmental, social and economic responsibilities by undertaking the following steps:
- By encouraging our attendees to use Munich Public Transportation as the main way of traveling to different parts of the city to attend sessions.
- By trying to reduce waste, encouraging our attendees to reuse as many items as possible.
- By offering online options of registration and overall information about the event, with the ultimate goal of reducing printed material.
- By excluding dangerous and hazardous materials and substances from any items in our event.
- By trying to save through increased efficiency.
- By clearly outlining and communicating our sustainability guidelines to our contractors and suppliers.
- By cooperating with local contractors and suppliers, boosting sustainable growth.
- By providing a safe and healthy environment for everyone involved.
- By encouraging diversity and inclusion of minorities.
- By providing equal opportunities for every possible attendee, regardless of their role in the Munich Startup SAFARI event.
We encourage all our volunteers, session hosts, sponsors and all the other attendees to try to comply with this way of thinking and acting, as we strongly believe in the impact that our individual actions have. We are very appreciative and grateful for every action that contributes towards this goal.